Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A letter to the Priest

1/7/14
This is a letter Elder Allen wrote to the Young Men in his ward:

¨You gotta love this. Like seriously. You have to have a love for the Gospel. It was a lot harder than I thought. I really got humbled out here. You need to prepare yourself. We watched a Devotional Broadcast by Elder Holland and he told us that ¨This world needs better missionaries.This world needs the best missionaries. Go home tonight and ask yourself, do I really love God?¨ (Then he talked about peter.) ¨Do you love me?Yea Lord.Peter, do, you, love me?Yea Lord, I love thee.Peter, for the last time, do you love me?Yea Lord thou knowest I love thee.Then feed my sheep!!
He continued to say something to the affect of, ¨You cannot be a missionary who teaches this Gospel, teaches commitments, covenants, and then comes home and goes astray. You will break the very heart of God! Feed my sheep! You cannot go back to doing the same things you did before your mission. You cannot!¨ That is NOT what his gospel is about! It is about Change! Transformation! Being better! If you think you are doing everything right, then try harder. If you think that this work will be easy because you read your scriptures every day, and go to seminary, then try harder. Because this was a lot harder then I thought it would be. You need to go to Church every Sunday for the Entire three meetings. You need to decide today, if you Love the Lord. "If you love me, then keep my commandments." Feed my sheep! Just because you have a Testimony does not mean it is enough. You need to convert yourself every day! Study the Book of Mormon. Study Preach my Gospel. (I really really wish I would have done this more!) Go to seminary and be actively engaged. Be the kid who reads the Book of Mormon during Class. You will be blessed. Go to mission prep. Do everything that you can possibly do. Before you can teach the Gospel, you need to live the Gospel. And this Gospel is center around our savior, Jesus Christ. And He loves you all so much. Be the Missionary, The Son of God that he wants you to be. I know you can do it. I love you all so much.
Have love for one another. The first great commandment is Love God, And the second is like unto it, love thy Neighbor as thy self. If there is any back biting, evil speaking or hard hearts in this quorum, repent, make amends. Talk about it and get over it so you can be the Missionary God wants you to be!!! One thing that Bishop told me before I left was that "This isn't about you. It´s about the people.
And the Lord. Love them!" So now go. Get to work! This work that God has for you! "Tu eres mi hijo, y tengo un obra para ti.¨""You are my son, and I have a work for you." It pains me to see all the blessing that people throw away. And I know I cause pain for God when I Throw away blessing. Le's not discard these magnificent blessings Anymore! I will work with you! Lets get to work! We are as the army of Heleman, we have been taught in our youth, and we WILL BE THE LORDS MISSIONARIES TO BRING THE WORLD HIS TRUTH!
I Love you all so very much. And I know Christ does to. I know, without a doubt that your leaders do too. Listen to them. Listen to their testimonies for they are from their hearts, and from the Spirit of the Holy Ghost! Feel it. Yo sé que Jesucristo vive. Yo sé que El Libro De Mormón es la verdad! Y el tiene nuestro salvation! Lean lo!
Yo sé que José Smith fue un Profeta verdadera. Yo sé que Jesucristo lo ama. Y, yo sé que Obisbo Garzand es un Obisbo llamé de Dios. Escucha a él. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen Con amor- Elder Allen